Members’ Rights & Responsibilities
As a Serve You Rx member you have the following rights and responsibilities:
You have the right to:
- Receive accurate and easily understood information about the services provided by Serve You Rx and request translation services if language barriers exist.
- Be informed of any costs that are not covered under your plan and that you are responsible to pay.
- Be treated considerately and respectfully by Serve You Rx.
- Fully participate in all decisions regarding your health care while working with your health care provider and Serve You Rx pharmacies.
- Be confident your medical records are maintained properly and confidentially by Serve You Rx employees. Serve You Rx is committed to protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your medical records.
- Express concerns, complaints or feedback regarding services provided by Serve You Rx.
You have the responsibility to:
- Read the insurance information about your pharmacy benefit and fully understand covered benefits, limitations, and prior authorization procedures, if applicable.
- Contact your insurance provider if you do not understand your pharmacy benefit information.
- Be educated about medications you are prescribed and abide by the directions for use of those medications.
- Inform Serve You Rx pharmacies of any changes in your allergies or health conditions and any nonprescription or herbal products you are taking.
- Provide complete information to your health care provider and Serve You Rx.
- Demonstrate respect towards pharmacies and Serve You Rx staff.
- Immediately inform Serve You Rx of any changes in name, phone number, or address.
- Present your member identification number when utilizing Serve You Rx services and to make any payments required under your plan (co-payments, coinsurance or deductibles) at the time of service.
- Be involved and cooperate with health care providers in decisions affecting your health.
- Report any misconduct or fraud to Serve You Rx or the proper authorities.